1. Our terms and conditions state that it is the ultimate responsibility of the purchaser to obtain the approval of the local authorities for building regulations planning permissions, listed buildings, conservation areas, or deed of covenant approval. Charm Windows (hereinafter known as ‘the company’) cannot be held responsible for any delay in completion of the contract due to problems on any of the above. Any additional work found to be necessary as a result of a planning application will be subject to a variation of contract adjustment and charged to you the customer.
2. All items of the Contract between the Purchaser and the Company named overleaf and trading as Charm Windows are contained in this document. No representation or warranty is made or given by the Company save as appears herein. No variation or addition to the work specified in the schedule overleaf shall have effect unless agreed in writing under the signatures of duly authorised officer in the Company.
3. Delivery times are essential after survey and after the documents are in the hands of the manufacturer and not at point of sale. Sales personnel will not know the fitting workload of the Company and cannot be relied upon to give accurate estimates. Delivery or Installation dates suggested are estimates only, whilst every effort will be made to meet your own particular requirements we can give no firm guarantee. The Company will not be responsible for any delays beyond our reasonable and foreseeable control. All materials are subject to availability and the Company cannot be held responsible for any delays of delivery or installation. Installations that are behind anticipated installation or delivery date cannot be cancelled by the purchaser, unless we have been unable to complete the installation after a reasonable time.
Charm Windows will not offer or give bridging facilities of any kind to delays in the clients cash position, due to financial institution such as Building Society inspections, insurance claims, grants or any other situation which may arise and hold up your monies due to you. Providing you have a letter of authorisation from your lender it is usual for your own bank upon presentation of the letter to grant facilities of bridging if the need arises.
4. The purchaser agrees to permit access to the installation address to the Company, its servants and workmen at reasonable times so that the Company may complete the installation between the hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm.
5. The Company will carry out only the work listed on the Contract and final survey sheet, which has been specified in the contractual document and signed by you the purchaser.
6. The Company will make good to a standard suitable for decoration, any damage caused to internal or external plaster but cannot undertake to match specialised finishes, particularly rendering. It is the purchaser responsibility to remove existing products so that they may be capable of re-use. It is not possible to ensure on exact match to existing brickwork due to manufacturing process. Some bricks may not be available anymore; however, we will do our utmost to obtain as close a match as possible.
7. Title to the goods supplied shall not pass to the purchaser until payment, in full has been received by the Company. In the event of non-payment of Contract you the customer will allow us access to your home to reclaim the goods.
8. Neither the Company or its employees or agents will be in anyway held responsible for structural defects existing in property at the time of commencement of installation work and which becomes evident as a result of such installation.
9. The Company and its agent cannot guarantee that condensation will be eliminated.
10. Under British Telecom Regulations, the Company is not permitted to move telephone cables and junction boxes attached to existing window frames. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to arrange with British Telecom for the relocation of these, either before or during installation.
11. The Company reserves the right to cancel this Contract should our Surveyor’s report prove unsatisfactory whereupon the deposit will be repaid in full. In this circumstance we will provide a full written explanation as to why the work cannot proceed.
12. Showroom samples brochures and photographs are intended as a general guide to the functioning of a typical unit and the materials used. The units specified in the schedule to the contract will be manufactured according to the published specification, but pursuant to the Company’s policy of continuous improvements to its products, it reserve the right to modify its specifications from time to time.
13. The guarantee is not transferable to subsequent owners of the property, unless the Company agrees to the transfer, subject to whatever conditions the Company, at its discretion may impose.
14. It is up to you, the purchaser to ensure funds are available to meet the financial cost of the contract value. The Company will not accept delays in payment and the customer must make steps to ensure that the Company is paid in full on the due dates. When payment is not made on the due date, the Company reserves the right to levy an interest charge on the outstanding balance at a rate of 3% per month above the bank base rates from the due date until the final settlement date. In the event of any delay in payment the Company reserves the right not to proceed with the installation until the cash situation has been resolved.
15. Force Majeure – The Company shall not be liable for any breach of its obligation hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to fires, strikes, insurrection or riots, embargoes, war, commotion, storms, floods, or delays, in transportation, inability to obtain supplies and raw materials or regulations of any civil or military authority.
16 .Waiver – The waiver by the Company of a breach or default of any of the provisions of this agreement by the customer shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or other provisions, nor shall any delay or omission of the part of the Company to exercise or avail itself of any right power of privilege that it has or may have hereunder operate as a waiver of any breach or default by the customer.
17. The glass used is of merchantable quality and considered fit for the purpose intended and the Company will not accept liability for imperfections of minor or insignificant nature (as per guidelines laid down by glass and glazing federation). Glass is for looking through, not at. Blemishes or scratches should be viewed directly from two meters in natural light.
18. The company warrants in relation to goods not of the Company’s manufacture (including but not limited to parts and components supplied by others for use in goods manufactured by the Company) that it will so far as it is able to do so give the Customers the benefit of any express or warranty by the manufacturer or supplier of such goods and or any other rights which the Company has against the manufacturer or supplier.
19. 10 year manufacturers guarantee on uPVC frames. 5 year manufactures guarantee on sealed units and panels. 2 year manufactures guarantee on all hardware( i.e. handles, hinges, gearing etc.).
5 year labour guarantee on installation. 1 year labour guarantee on all building work. Soffit & Fascia 5 years from order. All other parts not mentioned will carry a 2 years warranty or a manufacturers warranty, which ever is longest.
All products are to be maintained by the customer including lubrication, please see customer care guide, failure to do so could void the guarantee.
Terms of Payment
- Supply and Fit: 10% Deposit.
- Supply Only: 25% Deposit.
- Balance within 5 days of completion.
- 75% 3 days prior to delivery.
You have 14 days to cancel from the date of order:
I/We (delete as appropriate) hereby give notice that I/We wish cancel my/our contract. (please note, you may be asked to pay for any work carried out prior to cancellation).
Work commencing priory to the expiry of the cancellation period
If the customer agrees that work may start before the cancellation period expires, they should sign this form on the front of this agreement and that they understand that if they decide to cancel within fourteen days, reasonable payment may be due for work carried out prior to cancellation
We always endeavor to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact us on 0117 981 2929 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
More Information / Enquiries
For more information and or enquiries regarding any aspect of our terms and conditions / payment terms and or guarantee, please Contact Charm Windows. A member of our team is on hand and ready to advise on any question/s you may have.